Leads multi-skilled agile teams to design and deliver complete solutions that meets user needs and quality standards by:
- Taking responsibility for the infrastructure supporting development and live operation done by the team.
- Taking responsibility for design and automation of components or layers of the infrastructure by the team ensuing they are scalable, resilient, open, efficient, secure, and cost-effective.
- Taking responsibility for the quality of the code supporting configuration management and continuous integration done by the team.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring automation is in place to support the deployment pipeline(s) to deliver software into live operation.
- Working closely with development teams to ensure the infrastructure meets the needs of the service.
- Ability to work effectively within high-pressure Production environments.
- Advising customers and managers on the estimated effort and technical implications of user stories and user journeys.
- Coaching and mentoring technical staff.
- Taking responsibility for technical solutions as part of the sales process.
- The following are required skills for Technical Architects:
- Has infrastructure delivery experience across the following areas: Operating Systems, Virtualisation, Storage, Networking (including security) and Cloud technologies.
- Experience of configuration management technologies including: Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience of continuous integration and deployment pipelines to deliver digital services.
- Has successfully delivered infrastructure designs for all the layers of multiple web-based solutions.
- Has coached and mentored junior and experienced technical staff.
- Able to make effective decisions within fast-moving Agile delivery.
- Able to simply and clear communicate technical design in conversation, documentation and presentations.
- Has an open attitude to sharing information.
- Has respect of their team members and is able to provide technical leadership to a team.
- Able to prioritise their own time and activities.
The following are desirable skills:
- Able to prioritise non-functional concerns for customers and incorporate these into the application design.
- Actively shares their thoughts and views on technology.
- Has participated in technology communities.
- Has contributed to open source projects.
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos. Details on how to apply for this will be included in your offer letter