Are you a recent or soon-to-be Graduate from a finance or business background? Want to bring you knowledge in to an outstanding software consulting career?
Kainos is a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across our 30-year history, we have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients
Kainos WorkSmart is part of the wider Kainos Group and is responsible for the on-going partnership with Workday in which we deploy, integrate, test and provide application management services for Workday configurations. Workday is a cloud-based software vendor that specialises in human capital management and financial management applications.
As a Graduate Workday Financial Consultant in Kainos, you’ll work as part of a team to support the implementation and configuration of enterprise-scale Workday Financial Management software solutions for our global customer base, focusing on areas such as general accounting, procurement, receivables.
You’ll work co-operatively with team members to understand customer requirements when implementing Workday financials, and with the guidance from more senior consultants, you’ll deliver solutions that are aligned to customer needs. You’ll know when to appropriately escalate issues and seek support from your more experienced team members.
As a Workday financial consultant, we’ll support you to become Workday Certified, a leading industry-recognised qualification, specialising in the workday finance management modules, and maintain this highly sought-after certification twice annually. Our comprehensive Graduate Trainee Development Programme will support and guide you through this development.
Under the supervision of an existing Workday Consultant, your key tasks will include the following:
· Supporting Consultants and Senior Consultants in customer design workshops, including delivering functional demonstrations, and business requirements gathering and documentation;
· Investigating business solutions to meet customer requirements;
· Configuration of the Workday products to meet defined requirements, as well as associated data gathering and migration;
· Building open and trusted customer relationships and challenging the customer appropriately and effectively;
· Supporting customer Workday configuration testing and issue resolution;
· Completing all work assigned within the agreed time allocated;
· Providing your Engagement manager with status reports mapped against plan.
Who you’ll be:
Some experience studying in a financial area, or prior experience working in operational Financial role, even at a junior level, such as Accountant, Collections or Procurement Manager etc., or experience delivering/ using other Financials or ERP solutions
· Good communicator, you will be willing to assume a customer facing role, with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
· Capable of working within teams and alongside customers, as well as on your individual tasks with limited supervision. Able to manage your time effectively and record it accurately
· Able to apply all relevant standards and procedures to your own work, maintaining high quality and accuracy at all times
· Aware of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensure security of information at all times
· Able to rotate through various Workday delivery services specifically Consulting and Application Management Services
· Able, if required, to travel to customer sites in the same region (minimal out of region travel may also be required)
· Commercial understanding of utilisation within a services organisation and the importance of these targets
· Basic understanding of Financials, or other operational software integrations
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day, and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
There will be various start dates for these roles: January 2019, April 2019 and September 2019
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.