- Application and network security testing – working with development team to manually test the application for security
- vulnerabilities including use of automation tools such as BurpSuite. Review of source code with development team including use of source code security tools.
- Application vulnerability risk analysis - estimating vulnerability risk in context of specific application, environment and business scenarios. This will include writing and demonstrating vulnerability "proofs of concept”, explaining this to technical architects and business stakeholders.
- Security Consulting – working with technical architects and developers on design of security-sensitive features; providing technical expertise to security related questions in design and development stage; assistance in development of automated testing suites to enforce security standards in newly written code.
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Comprehensive knowledge of web security features (e.g. CORS) and threats (e.g. XSS, CSRF)
- Understanding of web application architectures, such as MVC, and infrastructure such as load balancers, web proxies etc.
- Demonstrated experience reading and analysing web application source code in languages such as Java, PHP, ASP.NET.
- Hands on experience with application security testing tools such as BurpSuite, sqlmap and network security testing tools such as OpenVAS, mmap.
- Demonstrated experience security testing on Unix operating systems.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organisational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with project and respective team resources.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Certification is preferred in one of the following:
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.