Main purpose of role & level in the business:
As Finance Manager at Kainos, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of financial operations, reporting and control and taking the leading role in month-end to ensure efficient and timely completion of all tasks.
This is a Manager level role, reporting directly into the Finance Controller. The Financial Manager will also be required to assist the Deputy CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
Minimum (essential) requirements:
- CAI/ACA/CIMA qualified with minimum 5-years PQE
- Strong Financial systems knowledge and excel skills
- Ability to manage and drive forward a high-performing team
- Working in a fast-paced environment and delivering to tight deadlines
- Experience with creating and implementing controls improvements
- Ability to simply and clearly communicate financial information and processes in conversation, documentation and presentations
- Experience of mentoring and coaching members of your team
- Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and at a wider capability level and externally where appropriate
- PLC experience
- Workday Financials experience
- Honesty, integrity and respectful
- Ambitious and motivates others
- Relationship management and developing others
- Quick thinking and decisive
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Highly flexible
- Organisational and planning skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
Summary of responsibilities:
- Management of the month end timetable to ensure timely and accurate completion of all tasks
- Ensure financial operations (AP/AR/Treasury/Payroll) are managed and run efficiently, focusing on controls, minimising errors and allocating workload across the team
- Continuously challenging to identify and implement process improvements
- Timely, accurate and high quality monthly reporting packs, focusing on continuous improvements and meeting the business needs
- Understanding and reporting on financial performance, including guiding business units / departments on key trends in order to help achieve our strategic goals and meet or exceed our financial targets
- Assisting the Finance Controller and Deputy CFO on presenting Finance packs to senior management and executives
- Management of the balance sheet reconciliation process, introducing improvements and efficiencies where possible
- Manage the relationship with the local advisers in each of our global subsidiaries to ensure compliance from a tax and accounting perspective
- Support and develop direct reports
- Key contributor to PLC reporting requirements
- Developing key external relationships (Invest NI, Banks, Auditors, Tax Advisers)
- Remain up to date with changes to accounting standards, ensure the team is adequately prepared for changes to accounting standards and preparing accounting policies where required
Who you are:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day, and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
Kainos is a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across our 30-year history, we have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.