At Kainos WorkSmart, everything we achieve is because of the quality, talent and determination of our people, and their ability to deliver amazing digital solutions which meet the needs of our customers. Our goal is to be the leading Workday partner globally, with our people seen as the leaders in Workday deployment solutions. We do this by investing heavily in our teams and our people, giving them the opportunity to grow their careers with us and to build their knowledge and skills. We’re passionate about the need to ensure they are presented with the best opportunities while ensuring our customers get the solutions they need.
We’re part of Kainos, which was established in 1986. We're rapidly growing in the US and we’re the largest Workday boutique partner in Europe providing full-service Workday solutions to our global customers.
As a Product Test Consultant in Kainos WorkSmart you'll take a key role in the implementation, support and on-going improvement of our exciting and highly successful cloud-based automated testing application.
Your role will consist of:
- Working with global brands, Product Test Consultants solve testing problems through delivering Kainos’s Smart™ automation solution for our Customers’ Workday implementation.
- Product Test Consultants perform analysis of Customers’ Workday configuration, understand the specific domain (HCM, Financials, Payroll and Security) configuration that drives their business. Product Test Consultants are experts in the Kainos Smart™ product and apply their knowledge to understand where its functionality, benefits, and limitations apply to the Customer’s configuration.
- From initial discovery of the Customers’ specific configuration, the Test Product Consultant will define (and communication to the Customer for their consent) the scope of appropriate tests to be created, ensuring they are aligned with the Customers’ test strategy and provide value. The Test Product Consultant will utilize the test scope to design and build test packs in Kainos Smart™, achieving a balance of efficiency versus added value for the Customer.
- On completion of the build process, the Test Product Consultant will teach the Customers’ test users on the Kainos Smart™ functionality and transfer knowledge of what has been built, why it has been built and how to use it. When the deliverables are complete, the Test Product Consultants will transition Customers to our internal Customer Success teams.
- Outside of Customer engagements, Test Product Consultants will contribute to the continuous improvement of the Kainos Smart™ product by suggesting new features & functionality and liaising with development on the creation and testing of features, fixes etc.
- Commercial experience within a software development, business analysis or quality assurance/test consulting environment.
- Experience and appreciation of modern application development technologies, and agile working practices such as Scrum.
- Developed knowledge of the trends in information technology and quality assurance, especially ‘Cloud’ computing and SaaS concepts.
- Experience in the implementation of on-premise or cloud-based business applications such as CRM, ERP, BI or HCM.
- A computer science or related degree to at honours level.
- Sound communication skills including business writing and excellent spoken and written English
- A developed understanding of quality assurance / automated testing.
- Strong communication skills with an affable and credible persona, including formal presentations
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure, taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Good team player with strong leadership, coaching and people management skills
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos
Our work is both challenging and rewarding. You’ll need a positive attitude and the ability to work independently, to adapt your style and practices in order to respond to changing circumstances.
You will need to be highly flexible, including a willingness to travel frequently and work away from your home base.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.