This is an exciting opportunity to join our Workday Cloud Platform team within Kainos, where you will be responsible for the development, management and marketing of a portfolio of products built on the Workday Cloud Platform.
Within this role, you will work alongside the WorkSmart CTO and will be responsible for defining the strategy and roadmap for our products. This will include market research, competitor analysis, product vision and defining the commercial model of each product. Ultimately you will be responsible for the commercial success of our portfolio of products.
You will need to build strong relationships within the key stakeholders within our customer base and within Workday. There will be an opportunity to travel to meet with customers and understand their problems and also to promote and market our products.
This is a challenging role with a broad scope and it is an opportunity to get involved from the early stages of a new business stream in Kainos. This is a highly visible role and you'll play an extremely important part in developing and establishing the Workday Cloud Platform capability within Kainos. You'll have the opportunity and responsibility to help monitor and shape the performance of the Workday Cloud Platform capability.
- Taking a significant role in defining the strategy for the WCP capability within Kainos, including
- marketing strategy
- application portfolio (deciding the apps that Kainos should build)
- market validation
- pricing strategy
- scaling the WCP capability
- budgets and targets
- Engaging in early stage client conversations (alongside colleagues) to help prospective WCP clients envision the path to successful custom apps.
- Performing market research within the Workday customer base to identify what applications Kainos should build on the WCP
- Performing competitor analysis of the products that Kainos decide to build on WCP.
- Defining and presenting internal investment cases for applications to be built.
- Provide hands-on leadership and direction to the WCP team
- Establishing strong relationships with key Workday Cloud Platform Sales and Platform stakeholders.
- Working with product managers and architects:
- To understand the capabilities of WCP
- To ensure applications are being built to budget and market needs
- Working with the CTO to develop and execute new go to market propositions.
- Develop high-impact sales tools such as whitepapers, presentations, case studies to help improve sales win rates.
- Measuring the ROI of key investments (marketing, applications)
Essential Experience and Capabilities
- A minimum of 3 years of successful commercial sales experience in a software implementation services-related business solutions environment.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to build relationships in multi-stakeholder environments,
- Developed appreciation of the Human Capital Management software / solutions eco-system.
- Formal education in business, IT and / or Human Resources
- Experience of at least 2 business applications environments (e.g. CRM, HR, ERP, etc)
- Broad technology experience and a sound awareness of technology trends and their potential impact on current & future projects.
- Basic Knowledge of broad HR processes and requirements.
- Expert presentation and business writing skills.
- Strong communication skills with an affable and credible persona, including formal presentations
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure, taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Good team player with strong leadership, coaching and people management skills
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos
- Highly flexible, including a willingness to work away from home base
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.