Responsible for designing and leading the successful implementation of quality data and analytics solutions which are fit for purpose, understanding commercial constraints and ensuring that all technology decisions satisfy both commercial and technical success criteria. Will be comfortable in liaising with clients and representing the technical face of Kainos externally. Provides strong technical leadership within Kainos, advises on technology issues at all levels, and identifies and advocates ways to improve Kainos effectiveness in data solution design and implementation. Leads clients and delivery teams to define and evolve overall data related solution concepts and architectures. Continuously innovates, managing risk appropriately and ensuring that Kainos’ and client’s capabilities are enhanced. Devises and costs significant solutions from scratch. Works closely with Sales to identify and drive new data related business opportunities. Responsible for defining and governing technical direction and strategy both within Kainos and throughout project teams. Actively maintains a current knowledge of technology, disseminates this knowledge at all levels, and seeks opportunities to deploy new technologies to the benefit of Kainos and its customers.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES:
- Highly capable, hands-on, Data Analytics leader.
- A superb technologist, with a strategic focus, while still being an effective Architect practitioner.
- Can lead estimation and planning activities and ensure that the team and client delivers to them.
- Experience of leading a technical engagement or solution, making all the significant decisions that affect technology choices and approach.
- Capable of providing technical thought leadership and guidance to clients.
- Experienced at leading data analytic activities and helping organisations adopt appropriate technologies and techniques successfully.
- Leads standard-setting and architecture. Ensures successful evolution and adherence to these within project.
- Able to devise and cost viable, winning engagements for sales proposals.
- A highly credible and public facing thought leader, who can provide advice and guidance to clients. Actively develops and manages relationships with clients and 3rd party suppliers.
- Excellent understanding of data analytics technology deployment and operation as well as functionality.
- Excellent communicator, able to explain, persuade and justify decisions and concepts to people at all levels.
- Detailed understanding of data tools, techniques, methodologies and best practice.
- Excellence in three or more architectures and/or technologies having successfully applied them in a commercial environment.
- Breadth of knowledge across the Kainos areas of operation.
- Competent in security, performance tuning, capacity planning, resilience and availability across heterogeneous architectures.
- Ability to motivate and inspire technical staff, inside and outside Kainos.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to balance project demands with those of the wider organisation.
- Strong ability to make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of technical and commercial demands.
- Complies, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES:
- Proven ability to develop and manage a technology consulting practice.
- Ability to evangelise and drive data initiatives in organisations.
- Strong skills in the latest technologies.
- Well-known in the industry and participates in community activity, for example, publishing papers, speaking at conferences or contributing to open source projects.
- Experience of consultancy led business development.
- Has spent significant time working away from home base and/or on a client site.
- Constructive, professional, credible and can communicate effectively with clients, partners and colleagues.
- Excellent at managing personal time and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills and partner management.
- Creative, articulate, enthusiastic, responsible, logical, and thorough.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Pragmatic, tolerant of ambiguity, willing to backtrack and seek multiple solutions.
- Capable of working at an abstract level.
- Mature, non-confrontational style.
- Quality focused.
- An effective mentor and teacher.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- Visionary and entrepreneurial, with a positive "can do" attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Kainos and clients.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.