Accountable for ensuring that Kainos’ innovative digital services and platforms meet the user need and the outcomes agreed between Kainos and the client, whilst ensuring our delivery follows good governance and quality standards. Empowers and supports Kainos teams to perform well, learn and grow in a manner that is consistent with Kainos company values. Leverages successful delivery and senior client relationships to win new business with existing customers. Takes on wider senior management responsibilities for Kainos as required.
- Sets the vision for the project and is responsible for delivering the agreed outcomes for the client and Kainos.
- Establishes critical success factors for the project (beyond the traditional measures: on time, on budget and to agreed scope) and ensures each work stream has a plan in place to achieve the success factors.
- Accountable for achieving or exceeding profitability targets plus accurate and timely forecasting and reporting of project variables (revenue, staffing, work in progress, debt etc.).
- Develops and delivers a strategy for adding value to the client, ensuring that expectations are proactively managed, and issues addressed promptly and appropriately.
- Motivates and empowers teams to create a positive and creative culture for our people to perform well, learn and grow.
- Ensures that all team members have clear goals, receive regular feedback and have timely and constructive appraisals.
- Accountable for staffing and on-boarding of new team members.
- Act as the escalation point for issues relating to an individual, team or project.
- Build and maintain constructive and collaborative relationships with the client, other suppliers and third-party stakeholders.
- Ensures that appropriate project governance arrangements and technical quality standards are developed and followed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Works with the Kainos assurance function to perform/support health checks, risk assessments and any required follow-up activity.
- Complies, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and agreements and ensures security of information, at all times.
Business Development & Account Management
- Drives future growth by working closely with Sales & Account Management teams to identify profitable business opportunities, scope innovative solutions for the client and influence the sales/procurement cycle such to best position Kainos to win new business.
- Promote successes Kainos-wide, to our customers and to the market, through case studies, award submissions, blogs, tweets etc.
- Takes responsibility for contracts and commercial terms applying to the project and ensures that Kainos is not compromised by non-compliance.
Professional Development and Growth
- eads continuous improvement initiatives within the Management and Leadership Capability.
- Understands current thinking from the Technology, Experience Design and Consulting capabilities and drives alignment accordingly.
- Encourage innovation in technology and process both within the project and outside the project.
- Proactively assists with recruitment activities to enable stable organisational growth
Minimum (essential) requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrable success managing the delivering of technology-based projects using agile methodology.
- ·Substantial experience in managing and leading project teams including line management responsibility.
- Evidence of developing and managing sound client-supplier relationships and good knowledge of at least one industry vertical (e.g. Financial Services, Health or Government).
- Broad technology experience, awareness of current technology trends and a sound understanding of contemporary software engineering practices and behaviours.
- Evidence of taking responsibility for contract and commercial terms on projects.
- Experience of adhering to robust project governance and technical quality standards.
- Strong ability to make reasoned decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of client demands, Kainos commercial interests and the impact on the Kainos team
- Experience of project delivery aimed at digital transformation.
- Experience of managing large-scale agile projects involving distributed teams in a multi-supplier environment.
- Experience of user research, analytics and design disciplines and their contribution to the effective delivery of digital services and platforms.
- Evidence of securing significant follow-on business with an existing client.
- Evidence of innovating or leading initiatives to improve management and leadership practices within an organisation.
- Evidence of thought leadership in the public domain.
- Holds a current and recognised Project or Programme Management certification.
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and empower teams and lead by example.
- Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of project dynamics, particularly in a multi-supplier environment.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong negotiating prowess.
- Excellent team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Have a natural willingness to share information freely.
- Mature, firm but non-confrontational style.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- A positive attitude to overcoming the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos and clients.
- Have the vision and drive to experiment and deliver ‘firsts’.
Who you are:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
Kainos is a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across our 30-year history, we have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.