Education and Partnerships Lead - Consultant Level
We are offering the opportunity for a highly motivated and people oriented individual, to manage a suite of responsible business activities, centred on Education Outreach initiatives.
This role will allow the individual to be instrumental in developing and organising a well-defined Kainos social responsibility programme in conjunction with partners in the IT Industry, Education community and Government.
It is expected that the role will provide a significant profile and broader experience enhancement for the candidate. It is anticipated the role will filled for a period of 14 months.
This person will report directly to the CSR Executive sponsor. They will also work closely with the CEO, Exec Directors and Business Unit senior management teams and staff engaged in Technical and Education outreach initiatives. They will ensure that our business objectives and plans accurately reflect Kainos values and standards and fully support the socially responsible image that Kainos seeks to project.
The key objectives for the role will include but are not limited to:
- Developing CSR initiatives that enhance Kainos’ profile and reputation as a responsible, socially aware business.
- Linking pre-defined CSR objectives to Education projects while embedding social responsibility and Industry skills considerations into decision making
- Liaising closely with external organisations and in partnership with these stakeholders, developing CSR oriented activities across Kainos, in order to align with and complement corporate ‘giving back’ initiatives
- Working closely with the Marketing team to develop messages for relevant audiences, providing consistent and effective communications both internally and externally, describing Kainos values and business approach as a responsible employer
- Developing and providing all Kainos staff with the tools, guidance and understanding to become effective ambassadors for our Education initiatives
- Creating an internal process for collecting data, assessing progress, measuring performance and reporting on Education project outcomes
- Representing Kainos CSR globally, including public speaking and engagement with staff, key stakeholders, influencers and investors
- Managing and delivering an extremely fast paced suite of events, consistently ensuring the best outcomes for all participants
- Delivering an exciting new Education programme with a 3rd sector partner
- Complying with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and always ensure security of information
- A minimum of five years’ experience in one of the following sectors; IT, Education or 3rd.
- Demonstrable experience in and aptitude for knowledge transfer, with the ability to bring staff and external participants on a learning journey
- Evidence of leadership or mentoring across an organisation or team
- Evidence of excellent communication skills combined with excellent proven presentation skills
- Demonstrable ability in presenting to and engaging with Senior Management
- Evidence of developing and managing sound relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Proven ability to make sensible decisions under pressure, taking a balanced view of all demands being faced
- Strong evidence of planning effectively and able to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of working independently and exercising sound judgement, ensuring key stakeholders are kept abreast of relevant information
- Strong leadership, management and influencing skills, accomplished at engaging and motivating employees
- Self-starter and able to use own initiative
- Highly Flexible
- Organised with strong programme and management skills
- A commitment to accuracy, reliability and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent ICT skills
- An enthusiastic interest in the IT sector
- Previous experience working with the Community, Youth or Education sector, in a volunteering or paid capacity
- Previous experience working with a variety of age groups
- An enthusiastic interest in the Education sector
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe. As a result, we deliver CSR projects in all offices. While you will be based in Belfast, you must be willing to travel to other office and partner locations as required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.