Outreach Co-ordinator - Senior Associate
We are offering the opportunity for a highly motivated and people oriented individual, to deliver a suite of responsible business activities, centred on Education and Charity Outreach initiatives.
This role will allow the individual to be instrumental in developing and organising a well-defined Kainos social responsibility programme in conjunction with partners in the IT Industry, Education, charity community and Government.
It is expected that the role will provide a significant profile and broader experience enhancement for the candidate. It is anticipated the role will filled for a period of 14 months.
This person will report directly to the Education and Partnerships consultant. They will also work closely with the CSR Executive Sponsor and staff engaged in Outreach initiatives.
The key objectives for the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing CSR initiatives that enhance Kainos profile and reputation as a responsible, socially aware business.
- Liaising closely with external organisations and delivering CSR oriented activities in order to align with and complement corporate ‘giving something back’ initiatives
- Delivering Outreach messages for relevant audiences, to provide consistent and effective communications both internally and externally, describing the Kainos values and business approach as a responsible employer
- Driving volunteer participation, providing all Kainos staff with the tools, guidance and understanding to become effective ambassadors for our Outreach initiatives
- Working with the Education and partnerships Lead to create an internal process for collecting data, assessing progress, measuring performance and reporting on Outreach project outcomes
- Delivering an extremely fast paced suite of events, consistently ensuring the best outcomes for all participants
- Contributing to the planning and organisation of an exciting new Education programme with a 3rd sector partner
- Complying with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and always ensure security of information
- A minimum of three years’ experience in one of the following sectors; IT, Education or 3rd.
- Aptitude for Training or knowledge transfer, with the ability to bring staff and external participants on a learning journey
- Demonstrable experience of working across multiple teams or stakeholders
- Proven ability to present to industry partners, staff and or other audiences
- Strong evidence of planning effectively and able to work to tight deadlines
- Evidence of developing sound relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong evidence of ability to make sensible decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong evidence of working under pressure, taking a balanced view of all demands being faced
- Demonstrable experience of working independently and exercising sound judgement, ensuring key stakeholders are kept abreast of relevant information
- Strong influencing skills and accomplished at engaging and motivating employees
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Highly Flexible
- Organised with very strong time management
- A commitment to accuracy, reliability and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent ICT skills
- An enthusiastic interest in the IT sector
- Previous experience working with the Community, Youth or Education sector, in a volunteering or paid capacity
- Previous experience working with a variety of age groups
- An enthusiastic interest in the Education sector
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe. As a result, we deliver CSR projects in all offices. While you will be based in Belfast, you must be willing to travel to other office and partner locations as required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.