ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a development and / or consulting environment, including at least 2 years of team-leading or consulting
- Demonstrable experience in the management of all aspects of a project from initiation to completion, timely reporting of all project variables, and delivering agreed solutions on schedule and to profitability targets
- Demonstrable experience in the management of project stakeholders and / or clients
- Experience of creating and working to project plans, including handling of change controls
- Firm understanding of one or more established Project Management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP, etc.)
- Experience of managing teams using more than one delivery methodology (e.g. Waterfall, SCRUM, DSDM, etc.)
- Broad technology experience and a sound awareness of technology trends and their impact on current and future projects
- Proven ability to manage and motivate the project team, nurturing individuals’ development through objective setting, providing regular feedback on performance, and timely completion of project appraisals.
- Complies, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES:
- Working in an Agile project environment, particularly in leading and coaching agile teams or working in a ScrumMaster role
- ScrumMaster or similar Agile delivery certification
- PRINCE 2 (or similar) certification
- Experience of managing distributed teams
- Sound commercial judgement, with a proven track record in the execution of contract and commercial terms applying to the project.
- Demonstrable success in identifying and taking appropriate action on opportunities for additional business.
- Ability to provide effective pre-sales support as required, including devising and costing viable, winning solutions working closely with a sales team.
- Strong communication skills with an affable and credible persona, including formal presentations
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure, taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Good team player with strong leadership, coaching and people management skills
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos
- Highly flexible, including a willingness to work away from home base.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.