- Manage an effective process that supports both the Sales and Delivery managers within the business unit and all associated requests for staff while minimising downtime and keeping a high-level utilisation within the business.
- Manage multiple staff requests concurrently and assign appropriate staff to projects considering commercial, project and talent development before making final assignment.
- Communicate any staffing changes with the appropriate manager and individual to ensure everyone is informed of their allocations.
- Manage staff with whitespace between projects ensuring they are motivated and developing any required new skills to aid future project assignment.
- Work with the Sales and Delivery Managers to identify additional business opportunities, based on available skills in the Talent Pool.
- Manage the size of the talent pool ensuring it is in-line with forecast projections and any recruitment is requested in advance with the internal recruitment team.
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure that internal staff are available for recruitment activities.
- Manage and control the allocation and approval of all non-project time ensuring accurate recording.
- Track staff utilisation and initiate corrective action with the Operations Manager where appropriate.
- Create, define and schedule various staffing and operational reports to aid and improve closure of month accounts.
- Support the operations manager in analysis of project P&L’s within the BU raising appropriate queries and corrective actions with the management and operations team to rectify issues.
- Provide support to the Operations Manager as required in the day to day operation of the business.
- Experience of staff management and assignment taking account for project and individual’s needs in a medium sized business.
- Solid understanding of staff and recruitment forecasting.
- Experience of managing and motivating team members.
- Awareness of the commercials within a professional services environment.
- Experience multi-tasking and prioritising.
- Experience of using staff scheduling tools to efficiently identify staff with availability and aid re-assignment.
- Experience of managing business P&L.
- A technical background and awareness of latest technologies to help aid understand of individuals roles to assist staff assignment.
- Experience of developing and improving processes to increase the efficiency of the business.
- Excellent communication skills with an affable and credible persona.
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure, taking a balanced view of strategy, profitability and staffing needs.
- Ability to build sound relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Attention to detail
- Strong ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos.
- Highly flexible, including a willingness to travel offsite including all Kainos offices as and when required.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.