D&I annual report 2021
D&I annual report 2021
It’s important to have an inclusive culture that champions and celebrates the differences and similarities of everyone.
Our long-term D&I approach aims to ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity to develop, be rewarded and be recognized for their contribution. We have made progress - but we still have more to do.
In our annual D&I report, we provide you with an update of our D&I journey to date.
What this report will cover
Why D&I matters
At Kainos, we celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering a working environment which allows everyone to be themselves and achieve their full potential.
The case for creating a diverse and inclusive culture is underpinned by research and aligns to the Kainos strategic principles:
1. Be a great employer
By having more culturally diverse leadership and teams, we are more likely to:
- have increased staff wellbeing
- have higher rates of staff engagement and retention
2. Delight our customers
With a more diverse work environment, we are better able to:
- deliver technology and services that meet the diverse needs of users and citizens
- quickly introduce and bring new innovations into market
3. Be a growing, profitable and responsible company
With a more diverse and inclusive culture, we can:
- perform better as an employer and for our customers while driving higher growth and profitability
- better meet or exceed global equality standards and laws
Our journey so far
2021 uptake of D&I events and materials
Activities and campaigns have focused on raising awareness, connecting everyone to learn, talk and unite around our differences. Example D&I campaigns include International Women's Day, Transgender Day of Remembrance, Autistic Pride Day and Black History Month.
In addition to our internal campaigns, our Network Groups and D&I team released new learning materials and organized D&I events throughout FY22. Over 1400 people got involved.
In FY23, we want to grow our Network Group membership and increase the uptake in our D&I materials and events.
|Network Group||Est.||Views||Reactions||Membership %|
Areas of focus
- Inclusive leadership learning, starting with senior colleagues
- Delivery of our new ‘women in leadership’ program
- Use of our D&I dashboard data to target improvement
- Embed D&I into our talent strategy to better support those from under-represented groups
- Widen participation through our Tech Outreach activities, including virtual academies, bursary and support schemes with universities and schools
- Ongoing education and awareness raising through our four Employee Network Groups
- Delivery of Gender Parity Plan to achieve greater gender balance
- Improvement of core people processes and policies
Our D&I dashboard (VIBE) allows us to see the diversity of our global workforce. It helps to:
- drive diversity efforts in hiring, promotion and retention
- make better D&I decisions
- track progress against our UN Sustainability Goals
85% of colleagues have reviewed and updated some or all of their D&I data in VIBE since launched in April 21. We still have a lot of ‘incomplete’ data, as per the below tables:
|Prefer not to disclose||0.3%|
|Prefer not to disclose||4.6%|
|Asian or Pacific Islander||0.0%|
|Ethnicity not listed||1.3%|
|Two or more Ethnicities||0.9%|
|Prefer not to disclose||0.9%|
|I do not have a disability||10.3%|
|Long-term medical, mental, or neurodivergent condition||1.8%|
|Use of arms or hands||0.1%|
|Use of legs||0.1%|
|Disability type not listed||0.5%|
|Prefer not to disclose||0.5%|