Senior Automated Test Engineer
Senior Automated Test Engineer will work within a multi-skilled agile team to deliver working application software for our clients from public/government sector within Digital Services that meets user needs and is of sufficient quality for promotion to users.
For more information about the project, please visit our website: https://www.kainos.com/our-work/digital-services/
Senior Automated Test Engineer will work to design and implement functional, non-functional and automated and manual tests that will ensure there is coverage of both expected and unexpected behaviour. He or she will work to maintain tests and ensure regression testing is performed to avoid regression issues, will contribute to the design and development of the test automation framework for a team; create, triage and re-tests defects to reduce future defects by providing analysis of the causes of defects. He or she will also work with developers to ensure acceptance, unit and integration testing has adequate coverage.
- Strong test automation skills using open source technologies/frameworks like Selenium, Cucumber and FitNesse;
- Practical knowledge of at least two object-oriented programming languages (including Java);
- Experience working in Continuous Integration environment and configuring tools for testing such as Jenkins and/or TeamCity;
- Knowledge of project management systems such as JIRA and Mingle;
- Experience with version control systems such as Git/SVN;
- Experience working in a manual testing environment;
- Able to create and maintain tests within fast-moving Agile delivery;
- Comfortable and effective when communicating directly with team members, clients and other suppliers;
- Able to communicate clearly about design of tests and the effort to implement the tests;
- Able to accurately assess the risk of development changes and reflect this in test activities accordingly;
- Able to advise customers of the test impact of user stories;
- Able to work unsupervised;
- Experience in mentoring other testers;
- Has an open attitude to sharing information;
- Able to prioritise their own time and activities;
- Actively and constructively shares their thoughts and views on technology.
The following are desirable skills:
- Experience with performance testing and tools such as JMeter;
- Experience with security testing;
- Experience with accessibility testing;
- Has participated in testing communities;
- Has contributed to open source projects;
- Experience testing against APIs.
Here's just a taster of what you can expect from Kainos:
- Core hours (starting work between 8 and 10 AM);
- 7,5 hours working day;
- Skills for me scheme (additional budget to spend on personal learning and development activities outside work);
- Online training portal access;
- Career Coach taking care of your career progress in Kainos;
- Private medical insurance;
- Group personal pension plan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Integration and family parties: Team Nights Out, Christmas Party, Summer BBQ, Pay Day Drinks;
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave;
- Childcare vouchers scheme;
- 3000 Pounds for refer-a-friend scheme.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.