Designs and develops infrastructure components within an agile team that meets user needs and quality standards by:
- Contributing to the automation, deployment and operation of components or layers of the infrastructure and application.
- Works with Developers, Security Engineers and WebOps to deliver an operationally ready service.
- Contributing to the automation of components or layers that are scalable, resilient, open, efficient, secure, and cost-effective.
- Can recognize and flag issues outside area of own expertise or responsibility to managers and technical leads.
- Ability to work effectively within high-pressure Production environments.
The following are required skills for Junior WebOps Engineers:
- Knowledge of Linux based Operating Systems including configuration and management.
- Experience of scripting languages.
- Able to make effective decisions with the support of technical leads within fast-moving Agile delivery.
- Has an open attitude to sharing information
The following are desirable skills:
- Basic experience of Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Saltstack.
- Experience of Virtualisation and Cloud technologies.
- Actively shares their thoughts and views on technology.
- Has participated in technology communities.
- Has contributed to open source projects.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.