Responsible for supporting the successful design and implementation of enterprise-scale Workday Financials solutions. This will be done by working closely with client business teams and internal delivery teams to define the scope, shaping and delivering solutions that are fit for purpose and commercially viable.
- Work as part of a project team to deliver Workday Financials solutions to clients.
- Use technical expertise in the configuration of tenant setup, business processes and Core Financials functionality to meet client requirements.
- Investigate and recommend business and technical solutions to meet client requirements
- Take ownership of the delivery of components of the Financials solution.
- Support client testing of Workday tenants and issue resolution.
- Help prepare for Workday Delivery Assurance reviews.
- Builds open & trusted client relationships and is prepared to challenge the client appropriately.
- Takes responsibility for leading an assignment team as required, mentors less experienced team members and leads by example in both business and process aspects of the job.
- Understands the business dynamics and regulatory issues for specific industry sectors/technical specialism.
- Is aware of client's business and external factors that influence it.
- Defines standards for specialist area based on industry best practice.
- Takes a lead role in improving the overall standard of the specialism within the company e.g. whitebag sessions, project reviews etc.
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a relevant commercial or technical environment with at least 3 years demonstrable success in consulting or project equivalent.
- 3rd level qualification in Accounting, Finance, Business Studies or related disciplines.
- Functional knowledge in Financial Applications in one or more of the following areas: Financial Statements, Multi-currency/Global Accounting, Year-End Processing, General Ledger, Managerial Accounting and Reporting.
- Experience in quality assurance with financial enterprise applications.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates adaptability to embrace new disciplines.
- Broad business and technology understanding and a good awareness of industry trends.
- Experience of creating and working to project plans together with handling change controls.
- Sound ability to formally present to senior client audiences.
- Good commercial awareness and sound understanding of project and business dynamics.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials.
- Ability to manage and motivate team members.
- Ability to widen and maintain a network of external contacts.
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Creative, articulate, enthusiastic, responsible, logical, thorough.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Pragmatic, tolerant of ambiguity, willing to backtrack and seek multiple solutions.
- Capable of working at an abstract level.
- Mature, non-confrontational style.
- Quality focused.
- An effective mentor and teacher.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from base and to work flexible hours).
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos. Details on how to apply for this will be included in your offer lette
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.