Renewable Energy Policy
Kainos Group plc (Kainos) is on a mission to make people’s lives better through technology. In doing this, we are committed to reducing our environmental impact and promoting sustainable practices in all aspects of our operations, ensuring we act responsibly to protect and enhance the natural world around us.
Through our climate action programme, we aim to understand, manage, and reduce any harmful environmental impacts from our business activities and from our delivery of digital solutions; helping our customers and partners to reduce their own environmental impact. Our aim is to be a net zero company by 2025-26. To do this, we have established this policy as a framework for the adoption and integration of green energy resources and efficiency measures:
- Engaging our people: We will build awareness across our global teams about the benefits of sustainability and encourage involvement in energy conservations initiatives. This includes training, promoting energy-saving practices and recognising colleague contributions to climate action.
- Compliance: We will comply with the relevant environmental legislation, regulations, and any other requirements to which Kainos subscribes. We will strive to exceed these requirements whenever possible.
- Energy adoption: We will seek to procure renewable energy from reliable sources to power our business. This may include purchasing power from green energy providers and installing on-site green energy systems such as solar panels.
- Energy efficiency: We will put in place energy-efficient practices and technologies to optimise energy consumption, reduce waste across our offices and achieve cost effective and measurable energy reductions. This may include upgrading lighting systems and optimising HVAC systems.
- Engaging our stakeholders: We will engage our customers, partners, suppliers and wider communities to raise awareness of our green energy projects; inspiring others to adopt sustainable practices.
- Collaboration: We will work with providers, researchers, industry and government to stay informed about the latest advancements in renewable energy technologies and practices. We will explore opportunities for joint projects, research and innovation.
- Communication: We will establish a robust process to track our energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions, and progress towards our net zero goal. We will share our achievements and targets with our people, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
This policy outlines Kainos’ responsibilities to adopt sustainable energy solutions; helping us to achieve our key commitment - near-time, science-based net zero target in 2025-26. This policy will be reviewed regularly and updated as appropriate to enhance our commitment to net zero. It applies to all our operations and the employees and contractors who work in them.